5/10/10

David Antin / Elevator Music X


     "the one thing I think a poet ought to do is respect what he doesn't understand, respect its unintelligibility."
          - David Antin

Elevator Music X

at the reading last night you
                    rubbed my leg
and so my leg went
                    home with you
what was I to do
hopping around in the bookstore
                    so suddenly armful

outside, the night air
froze the nerves of my stump
and no amount of stars
could be a salve for them

so I went looking
for a language expansive enough
                     to lead me to
                     the both of you
and found.

2 comments:

peN said...

Very funny. I was gulping air. Thanks.

Laharia group said...

Bucket Elevator- Delhi and India based manufacturer and supplier of Bucket Elevators and provide quality Bucket Elevators like belt bucket elevator at affordable price.